Friday, May 13, 2016

Becoming an Essential Oil Family


 I'm not one to believe in homeopathy that much. I like doctors and medicine.  But lately I've been turning to more natural methods of curing ailments.  And I've discovered the world of essential oils. I use a number of brands such as Eden's Garden, Aura Cacia, Veriditas Boctanicals, NOW brand, and Healing Solutions.  I have very recently fell in love with Young Living brand.  The entire company is lovely, and I like their transparency and their official "Seed to Seal" promise.



I was completely skeptical at first, but last night dispelled all my doubts.  I diffused Lavender and Cedarwood in both of our kids' bedrooms (boys in one, F in the other.).  They slept well, and slept until 7:00!!!  My 4th child, Liam, has a bad habit of waking up and banging his head on the headboard to get himself back to sleep.  It's such a natural thing to him he now has 2 bald spots on his head!  He did not do that last night.  I am amazed!



I have 3 diffusers in the house right now.  One in the kitchen/dining room area, one in the boy's bedroom, and one in Fionna's bedroom.  The one downstairs (kitchen) I use for fun scents like Fruity Pebbles, Garden Fresh, Ocean breeze, etc.  I love having air freshner that's non-toxic and one that my hubby can stand, as some candles bother him.



I use essential oils topically (specifically Lavender, Peppermint, Basil, Fennel, and Tea Tree (or melaluca).  Sometimes in a carrier oil, sometimes neat.  Basil and Fennel are known for helping boost milk supply in lactating women.  Lavender and Peppermint can help a headache, and Tea Tree is an amazing anti-septic.  To help with my baby's cradle cap I use a blend of Lavender and Geranium oils in fractionated coconut oil.



I use essential oils in my baths.  My favorite oil is Lemon.  For a relaxing, helpful bath I use 1 cup epsom salts, and a few drops of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint oils.  It smells amazing, and I can relax knowing my bath is completely natural with no harmful chemicals.  I also make a homemade shampoo using castile soap and Lemon oil.  If my kids are needing a relaxing, calming bath before bed I use Lavender oil for them.



*For more information on essential oils and different brands, please check out these websites:  Young Living, The Essential Family. 

**Disclaimer:  I am not a representative of any essential oil brand.  I only can attest to the brands that I have used.  I have not yet been able to try Young Living essential oils, but I will be doing so in the very near future.  I am all for using essential oils and trying natural solutions, but if things persist and you aren't healing...don't hesitate to go to a doctor.  Medicine and doctors are there for a reason.  Please use caution when using essential oils and diffusers.  Please research and follow all instructions on the bottles provided before you dive head first into this amazing world.  Enjoy!  
 

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is a Young Living Essential Oil consultant if you are interested. She is always publishing lots of different advice on medicinal purposes, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I also have a friend who is a Young LIving Essential Oil consultant and she is helping me get started. She is sending me a few samples.

    ReplyDelete