Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Unknown THM Gems in the Cookbook

Since buying the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook last year, I have discovered some hidden gems that my family loves.  These recipes are cheap to buy and easy to prepare;  making them family favorites in this house.  (I've provided the page numbers for each recipe found in the cookbook.)

1.  Slim Sloppy Joes (pg. 63)

This recipe is amazing!  Just beef, veggies, and sauce.  I serve it to my husband and kids on regular hamburger buns, and I eat it between 2 toasted slices of sprouted bread.  My husband raves about it, and often requests it!

2.  Cabb & Saus Skillet (pg. 58)

This one is a semi-favorite.  A few of my kids don't like it...but they do eat it.  It is just cabbage, sausage, and spices.  Now, I used whole cabbage, which requires cutting and shredding...so it's very labor intensive for me.  But you can always buy pre-shredded cabbage to make it easier.

3.  Chicken Parmy (pg. 161)

Everyone LOVES this recipe!  And it is so simple!  Chicken, breading, sauce, and cheese.  So easy to prepare, and gobbled up in a second!

4.  Singing Canary Shot (pg. 399)

I highly dislike the fact that the regular Singing Canary takes FOREVER to make because you have to do special things to the lemons...UGH! But the Singing Canary Shot is amazing!  I use Lemon Juice because I rarely buy lemons. Tastes great, and has the same benefits...just a smaller dose.

5.  Let 'Er Rip Side Salad (pg. 229)

This little gem is great!  You just tear up a head of lettuce, and add veggies, (I also add Rohnda's Ranch Dressing) and you have a side dish! 

6.  Creamy Herbed Chicken (pg. 165)

I found this recipe one evening when I was in a quandary about what to make for dinner.  I had all of the ingredients, so I made it, and the Hubs LOVED it! 

7.  Coconut Thai Chicken (pg. 45)

This is one of my favorite recipes!  And it is SO easy!  Chicken, veggies, and sauce simmering in the slow cooker all day.  I serve it over brown rice, which I cook in my rice cooker.  It has such a delicious flavor!

8.  Watcha Want Mexican Chicken (pg. 47)

This has got to be the easiest recipe!  Just 2 ingredients slow cooked all day, served over brown rice.  I add black beans to stretch it out a bit.  Delicious!

9.  Sweet Potato Bar (pg. 166)

We love this recipe!  I like that the chicken and the potatoes are baked together.  Just add veggies and sour cream.  I add a pat of butter and some shredded cheese on top for the rest of the family for a good crossover. 

10.  Waffleized Breakky Sandwich (pg. 241)

I tweak this to make it a delicious, on-plan crossover.  I toast 2 slices of sprouted bread, then add fried eggs, bacon, and a slice of cheese.  So good, and so filling!

What are some recipes you've discovered and loved while doing THM?  Please, share them in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment