Saturday, November 5, 2016

Trim Healthy Mama Recipe Review: Trim Zuppa Toscana

I have finally started the THM recipe reviews I told you about.  Sorry for the long wait!  I have structured each review post to look like this:

name (page number in the THM cookbook) {what category of meal it is S, E, FP, or XO}

Pros:  what I liked

Cons:  what I didn't like

Cost:  cheap or expensive

Times I have made this recipe:

Rating:  (using the 5 star system)

So, without further adieu...here it my first Trim Healthy Mama Recipe Review!!!!!



Trim Zuppa Toscana (pg. 86) {S}

Pros:  tastes amazing, the whole family loves it.

Cons:  none that I've encountered

Cost:  Pretty inexpensive

Times Made: 2

Rating:  ***** (5 stars)

I followed the recipe except for not adding the crumbled bacon pieces, which would probably make this soup even more amazing!  (I just forgot to fry up the bacon the first time, and the second time I didn't have bacon.)  I also pureed all of the cauliflower and okra to make a smooth soup.  I liked it better this way.

My 5 oldest kids love it.  They can't wait to eat.  They call it the "Sausage Soup."

Husband likes it!  He said it will be great in the cold, WI winters we get.

It is seriously so easy!  brown, boil, blend, combine, EAT!  The flavor is so good, and it really hits the spot.  You could play around with the spices if you like it saltier, or spicier. 

1 comment:

  1. Makes me want to try it. Thanks for the info. I'll have to check if I have all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete