Monday, March 13, 2017

5 Quick and Easy THM-approved Lunches


I've been thinking and planning out some quick, easy THM lunches that I can make for myself lately.  I usually make my kids sandwiches, mac n cheese, or pizza rolls for their lunches.  Those are not on plan.  I don't want to have to use a ton of dishes and take 30 minutes to make my lunch on top of theirs, so here are 5 Quick and Easy THM Lunch ideas I came up with.

1.  Turkey Roll-ups ~ (S)

Take an on-plan tortilla (Mission Carb Smart,  1/2 Joseph's Lavish), spread mayonnaise all over it.  Cover with pepperoni.  Cover with cheese.  Cover with lettuce/spinach.  Add sliced deli turkey (or meat of your choice).  Roll up, and slice into 1in. thick rolls. 
It is seriously SO easy, and delicious!!  I split one tortilla into 2 lunches with 2 hard boiled eggs.

2. Honey Mustard Chicken Salad (S)

Rip up a head of lettuce (you can stretch this into 2 lunches by using only a half.).  Chop up an already baked chicken (or turkey) breast, and put it over lettuce.  Add chopped tomatoes (or whatever other veggies you'd like.). You could add hard boiled egg slices, too.  Drizzle Honey Mustard Dressing (from the cookbook) on top.  ENJOY!

3.  Turkey Spinach Sandwich ~ (E)

Take 2 slices on plan sprouted bread.  Spread mayonnaise and mustard on one slice.  Add turkey.  Add spinach.  (I add jalapenos, too.) Add tomato slice if you want. Put together and EAT!!

4. Cinnamon & "Sugar" Toast ~ (XO)

Toast 2 slices on-plan, sprouted bread.  Spread butter while still hot. Sprinkle cinnamon and sweetener on top (I use Truvia).  ENJOY!

5.  Chips & Salsa (E)

If you can find on-plan corn chips, YAY!!  You can eat them with on-plan salsa for a yummy, quick lunch.  I love spicy food, so this is one of my favorites.

Do you have any quick, easy lunch ideas? Please share in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment