Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Partially Doing THM

Well, this is a post that I have been thinking about for a while.  So...here goes!

I've decided to do THM 50% of the time;  or less.

There, it's out! 

WHY?

Because it is just too difficult to keep doing it 100% with our lifestyle/work schedule/church schedules.  We are in the nearby city for church-related things 3-4 times per week.  That is 1 hour of driving time, and roughly 1 1/2-4 hours there.  That doesn't leave a lot of time to be worrying about how many hours have passed, what fuel I'm needing/eating next, if something I'm getting from the fast food place is on plan...etc.  We live a busy, hectic life, and our eating schedules need to be flexible;  and THM is very difficult to do flexibly. (is that a word??)

We love the dinners, and will still be making/eating them!  I will try my best to separate fuel types, and eat healthy foods.  I like to make the crockpot meals on nights I'm exercising.  My husband needs potatoes in his life...I'm serious!!  He is the epitome of a "steak and potatoes" guy! 

We will be watching our portions, and still eating clean and healthy foods.  Some of it may not be on plan. 

So, what does this mean for my blog??

Well, nothing, really.  I'll still post recipe round ups, single recipes, awesome websites, and other such THM-related posts.  I love what I've learned about and through THM.  Some things I disagree with, but most of it I do agree with.  But, I may, occasionally, post about foods or recipes that are NOT on plan.  I will make sure to specify that in the post, and will NOT share them in the THM groups.

Also, PLEASE, PLEASE, I BEG YOU...do NOT flood my post with hate comments about how I'm obviously not doing things right, or that I am a bad person to not be 100%...I ask that because it won't do anything.  I have thought this through for a while, and have full support from my husband.  Yes, THM does wonders for hundreds of women, but it is difficult and hard for me.  I've been doing it for about 3 years now, and have only lost 35lbs. with 1.5 pregnancies in between.  I've seen so many women posting about how they lost 30lbs. in 2 months without exercising...so that in itself is super frustrating.  (props to them, though!  that's awesome!) 

So, that was just something I had to get off my chest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment